What is CBD Oil?
CBD, or cannabidiol, is a natural active ingredient found in hemp plants. Despite being closely related to cannabis or marijuana, CBD does not produce the euphoric effects of cannabis. Because of this, the U.S. Congress legalized hemp-derived CBD for medical use in 2018.
Since its legalization, many users have turned to CBD oil for various uses. CBD oil has shown significant potential in treating multiple conditions, from pain relief and anxiety relief to treating post-traumatic stress disorder and alleviating cancer symptoms.
Despite its extensive use, CBD oil has its fair share of disadvantages. In this blog post, we’ll uncover the benefits and drawbacks of using CBD oil to treat anxiety.
How Does CBD Work in the Brain?
CBD reacts differently depending on its mode of intake. Ingestion is the most commonly used method, as it involves consuming CBD oil or edibles like gummies. When ingested, the body absorbs CBD through the gastrointestinal tract and bloodstream.
Once in the blood, it will be transported to the brain, where it will react to your endocannabinoid system. The reaction with the endocannabinoid system will reduce your brain’s response to stress. This is what makes CBD an effective anxiolytic and antidepressant.
What Are the Physical Effects of CBD?
Frequent use of CBD has been associated with several physical effects. Some users reported experiencing dry mouth, fatigue, diarrhea, drowsiness, and reduced appetite, which are all side effects of regular CBD use.
These physical manifestations are commonly seen when ingesting CBD. Before trying CBD to treat your pain or mental health issues, you must consult a doctor to ensure it’s the right choice for your condition.
A professional can also give you other forms or formulations of CBD if you’re prone to experiencing unwanted physical effects.
What Are the Benefits of Using CBD Oil for Anxiety?
One famous form of CBD is CBD oil, which is an easy way to consume and use CBD. Because of its flexibility and ease of use, CBD oil is the most popular way to ingest or use CBD. Despite its many advantages, CBD oils also have a few drawbacks.
- Easy to control the dose: CBD oil can quickly increase or decrease the dosage, depending on your needs. This means you can customize your CBD use according to your provider’s recommended use, which can increase or decrease throughout your treatment period.
- It can be mixed with foods and beverages: CBD oil can be added to food or drinks without much effort, making it easy to consume your daily dose. CBD oils also come in various flavors and concentrations to suit your taste.
- Multiple application options: As mentioned, CBD is often ingested or consumed orally through edibles. However, CBD oils can also be used topically in lotions, creams, and salves.
- Expensive price point: One evident downside of CBD oil is its price point. CBD oils can have a steeper price point depending on the brand than other products like edibles or capsules. This higher price range is often attributed to its purity, quality standards, and production methods.
- Strong flavor: Although CBD oils are available in various flavors, most users still find their taste and smell unpleasant. This can make it difficult to ingest CBD oil or use it topically, leading to diminished efficacy.
- Potential to react with other medications: CBD oils may interact with other medicines, so it’s essential to consult your doctor before taking any CBD products. This is especially true if you’re taking any blood thinners or steroids, as the combination of these drugs and CBD can cause unwanted side effects.
CBD is still relatively new in medical treatment, so it’s crucial to be aware of its pros and cons before incorporating it into your wellness regimen. But despite it, CBD shows immense potential to treat mental, behavioral, and physical issues.
If you’re considering adding CBD oil to your wellness plan, consult your doctor first for proper guidance. They can help determine whether you should use CBD, the type of CBD product you should take, and the appropriate dosage for your condition.
By understanding how CBD works, the physical effects involved with its use, and the potential benefits and drawbacks, you can make an informed decision when choosing the suitable form of CBD for your needs.
If you’re considering using CBD oil for anxiety, be sure to visit Smokin Treasures for a wide selection of high-quality products. Our knowledgeable staff can help you find the perfect CBD oil to suit your needs and answer any questions you may have. Don’t let anxiety control your life any longer; try CBD oil today and experience the potential benefits for yourself!