For many people who suffer from chronic pain, their condition can become so bad that there are times when the pain becomes unbearable. But when they can’t afford expensive surgeries to relieve their suffering, they’re pushed to look for a more budget-friendly alternative.
Many people swear by CDB products and believe that these are the solution they’ve been looking for. This blog post discusses what you need to know about CBD for pain management and more.
What is CBD?
CBD is a prevalent cannabinoid found inside the cannabis plant, which doesn’t cause people to feel high on its own. Because of this, CBD is legal in most states so long as it doesn’t contain more than 0.3% THC.
When people talk about CBD, they’re referring to ingestible oils and topical creams that come from extracting CBD from marijuana plants. Through the years, CBD has been known to do the following:
- Provide anti-inflammatory effects
- Have anti-emetic properties
- Used as an anti-psychotic drug
- Have neuroprotective capabilities
- Act as an anti-oxidative
Here are just a few conditions that CBD may help with:
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- And more
Is it Effective in Managing Pain?
Every human has an endocannabinoid system (ECS), known as the system for signaling cells. Researchers believe CBD can interact with the endocannabinoid receptors within the immune system and the brain.
These receptors then receive chemical signals from various stimuli that helps the cells to respond. This response results in pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects that assist in pain management.
As a result, CBD oil and other products may hold the key to pain relief. Studies have reviewed the effect of CBD on various kinds of pain, such as fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, and cancer pain.
According to the studies conducted between 1975 and 2018, scientists concluded that CBD succeeded in providing overall relief from pain without causing harmful side effects.
How to Use CBD Safely
CBD is available in a wide range of products, which include the following:
- Tinctures and oils
- Creams, salves, and balms
- Topical patches
- Pills or oral capsules
For most people, CBD tinctures and oils are the most versatile way of using the product and will usually come in bottles with a dropper. People will also add a few drops of CBD oil to their beverages or food.
CBD capsules and gummies are also used for consumption, while topical CBD products should only be used externally. These products can be applied to various body areas, such as aching joints or sore muscles.
It’s also crucial for users to closely follow the dosage information and directions on the product label.
How to Choose Your CBD Product
Unfortunately, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) doesn’t regulate most CBD products that are commercially available. The only product they regulate is Epidiolex, a CBD-containing drug used to treat rare forms of epilepsy found in children.
This means that users must look for high-quality products independently and source products from reputable retailers and manufacturers whenever they shop for CBD. There are also a few things a buyer will need to consider when looking for the right CBD product to help with pain management:
- THC content: Before making a purchase, ensure the product contains less than 0.3% THC to ensure it’s legal on a federal level.
- Strength: Inexperienced CBD users should consider using low-strength products before moving on to more potent products.
- Form: Users should consider the convenience they want from a product and how suitable it will be for their intended purpose.
- Hemp source: People should also ensure that their product will come from a company that responsibly sources their hemp and that it’s grown in the U.S.
- Medical claims: Because the FDA has only approved one CBD product for medical use, it’s best not to delay getting care from a doctor, even if a product claims to be effective against specific conditions.
- Cost: It’s also best to consider how often the product will be needed — it will help to choose a product that’s both cost-effective and fits within the budget.
- Certificate of analysis: Users can look for COAs for a specific brand through their website or directly contact them.
Visit Smokin Treasures Today
When looking for the right CBD products for pain relief, you can count on Smokin Treasures to provide the products you need. Our head shop has a collection of high-quality CBD and delta-8 products and grow supplies to help relieve pain. Our one-stop shop is located in Parkville, MD, where our knowledgeable staff is ready to answer all your needs.